2.04.2009

Pinewood Derby


Lorenzo had his pine wood derby at the end of January this year. He did amazing with his car, working hard and doing most of the work himself. I was so happy that he had a good attitude going in because I knew since this was our first year in Pinewood Derby land Matt and I would have NO clue as to how to build this car. A block of wood and some wheels, that 's it. That's what we had to work with. But with the help of Matt, Grandpa Mike and our last minute saving grace of our neighbor/friend the car held together. Ren was the 2nd place winner for most of the rounds he raced. All of them but one that is. He did win first place in one of the heats. So yup, Ren is our 2nd place winner. He's a cute little scout in his uniform and has almost completed his first year in scouts! So pretty soon he'll move on up. Yea Lorenzo! Good job Ren in doing great in Scouts and the Pinewood derby. I'm soooooooooooo glad you had fun and did your very best! I love you bunches Lorenzo Jacob!

3 comments:

MadMama said...

That is awesome! I remember that with my brothers. You can tell Ren had the best day ever!!

Jaime Lynne said...

Congrats, Ren. He is such a handsome little, I mean, big guy!

Holly said...

Hi Alicia, I love your blog. I have been meaning to write a comment for a couple months now, but have never taken the time to figure out how. I have always said you should write a book, when you are ready you have all the material in your blog.
Holly (your favorite aunt)