10.31.2010

Our Beloved Dog Jack-Jack

 

I never knew how much I really loved our dog Jack until now. I love you       Jack -Jack. He got really sick yesterday with seizures and more through the night.  I've never seen anybody or any pet have one before and it was really scary.  We went into the vet yesterday for a few hours then took him home to watch him.  Els came in and woke us up at 4:30 saying he was having another one. We had to take him in again this time to the vet ER hospital at 5:00 am and have him put down.  It was the best decision and most humane, but so hard to make. Such a heart breaking time. Especially watching my daughter cry and cry and I'm bawling right along with her. You never know how precious life is until it's gone. :(  I was there to hold him and comfort him and tell him he was going to heaven to be with lots of other pets and Heavenly Father.  I never knew the death of my own dog would be this hard.  I'm feeling a whirl wind of emotions: guilt, relief, devastation, heart ache, frustration, sadness and yet grateful that he's happy and not suffering anymore.  Losing a pet is tough.  Life for any person, pet or thing is still life and when it's over  it hurts and is a loss.  I'm just grateful that I know I can play with him all day long in heaven some day.  He can chase cars and squirrels and run around for hours.  Hopefully palling it up with other pets from childhood who have died.  We love you Jack Jack.....miss you always. Hugs and kisses.

2 comments:

Jaime Lynne said...

Farewell, good dog-friend! Thinking of you guys, Lic. Losing a pet is not easy.

Shannon said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's never easy to lose a beloved pet. I use to work at an Animal Hospital and that was such a hard things to deal with, but I'm positive you made the best decision. I wish you the best.