What are those crazy kids doing????

(Notice the tiny tin with treasures inside it.)
They're
GEOCACHING!
Have
you ever been Geocaching? Do you even know what it is? Basically it's a
treasure hunt that everybody on the world wide web has access to. You
log on to the website, create a username. Then download an app and
begin your hunt! There are cache's hidden all over the world. The ones
around our neighborhood are just fun little ones. But I know in other
places people try and hide and hunt for really nice, expensive things. After
you've found the cache through coordinates the app gives you, your compass and even written clues, you sign
your name and date it in the log book provided and take something out of
the cache for yourself as long as you replace it with some little
treasure you've brought of your own. If you don't want to take anything
you can just leave something for somebody else to have or just sign the
logbook. It's super duper fun. In fact, we need to go again! If
you're up for an adventure, try geocaching!
We need to try it while in another city or in the mountains, perhaps
when we go down to Utah over Christmas break we could even hunt there!
I had been wanting to try it for a while, then one Saturday in July Els
and I decided to go and do it! We were so excited to start our first
"treasure hunt" and surprised that it actually worked! After Elsie and I
found a few different caches we went back to the house to grab Ren. He
was somewhat interested but didn't think it was awesome as Els and I
did. When we've got out exploring since then, it's been fun for all of
us. We even got Daddy to come with us once! Don't you love our
beautiful dessert landscaping? So bizarre how the Columbia Basin is a
dessert and that Washington state is not entirely covered with this
beautiful green forest everybody pictures. I digress, anyway, go and
try geocaching!
One of the clues led us to this street sign where "Superman's girlfriend lives." Clever, right?
July 2013
Geocaching Adventures

No comments:
Post a Comment