8.28.2013

Middle School Takeover

First Day of School 2013!


 Lorenzo is king of the school this year!   An old 13 year old 8th grader now. Part of our after school conversation went like this:
"Mom!  I'm finally not the shortest kid in school anymore!"
"That's great Ren."
"Ya, now there's a whole bunch of 6th graders smaller than me!"
I laughed and smiled...."For now!"
Grinning, knowingly, he replied with a smile, "Yeah, I might not be taller than them by the end of the year!"
He may be small for a 13 year old but taking High School math shows he's certainly a smarty pants despite his size!


Elsie is beginning her journey in middle school this year.  She's just excited and happy to see her friends again.  I love that she's always up for an adventure.

Upon returning home from her first big day:
"Mom!  Why are you hugging and kissing me so much?  You're smooshing my glasses!"

and another quote from Els-

"I made sure to pick a top locker."
"Really, why?"
"That way the kids aren't reaching over me and won't drop things on my head.  My friend told me you should definitely choose a top locker."

Yep!  2 smart kiddos!!!!  Happy new school year "Little Ones!"

No comments: