Loving the Columbia riverOne of the things I love most about Elsie is her ability to be friends with everybody. She's very thoughtful, and loves having fun. She and Ren play so well together its hard for me to remember they are not twins but almost 2 years apart! She's definitely the "oldest" in the pecking order she thinks. Always "mothering" Ren and getting him going in the morning. She's a whiz in school and sports and anything she decides to try. And from day 1 she took it upon herself that she's supposed to torment her older brother. When she was just a few months old crawling around on the family room floor I got a glimpse of this mischievous little girl. She crawled over to Lorenzo who was watching cartoons and pulled his hair. She turned back and looked at us and giggled then crawled away. Ren just cried and sat there never fighting back. That's been their relationship since then. Crazy girl.
And now pics of the actual day and friend party:
She loves playing outside and being one of the boys. And I think first grade has brought out her outgoing side and silly sassy side. The other day she said, "Remember when I used to be shy Mom?" Do I ever! How quickly things change. She's been a go getter from the get go and conquers anything she decides to. Walking at 8 months old, learning to ride a bike at 4 years old with no training wheels, potty training herself at 2 1/2 the list goes on. She's my special sweetie and I love that God gave me a son and a daughter. Sneaky, too smart for her own good, sensitive to others feelings yet innocent enough to amaze me. She's curious of the world around her and picks up on things you don't think she would. She asked me while driving in the car, "What's Ramsey?" I had to think about it. "You mean Dave Ramsey? The guy Daddy and I are always talking about?" Matt and I like the talk radio circuit. Yup. That's who she was thinking of. Just out of the blue. She loves the news and real life stories but claims she wants to be a dentist or doctor or a nail lady..... Smart and sassy and yet I love her to pieces, even when I think she's pulling that "I'm already a moody teen girl at age 7 mom" attitude. We all love you Elsie Jewel. Happy 7th! -Love, Mom, Daddy Matt and Ren

1 comment:
Wow!I loved all the pictures of Elsie ,she is growing up way to fast,but she reminds of someone I once knew.Let's see,I told her to pick up her toys & she said,pretend that you are me,o.k.,now do it yourself!Ha!Ha!That & hiding her stuff under a blanket & thinking that made her room clean!Funny how the apple dosen't fall far from the tree.Love & hugs to all,Mom
Post a Comment