4.21.2009

Don't you dare....

I decided to let Ren and Els have a sleepover in Ren's room. Some nights this goes well, other nights I become "mean Mommy" and yell and get mad at them for not quieting down and going to sleep. This night I told Elsie after many warnings if I caught her out of bed one more time they were each going to sleep in their own rooms and no sleepover for the rest of the week. This was the result of my threat. Pushing it just far enough.... she's not technically out of bed. Just her elbow, head and shoulders. I couldn't help but laugh. Hard feelings gone, after all, they were asleep finally!

Funny thing about Els and I, love her dearly and she's an awesome little girl, but sometimes..... you know? She's driving me nuts lately with her sassy attitude and need to defy. My Mom always says she's just like me, and yet my Mom has always told me I was an angel as a child, no really, that's her story. The other day on the phone I asked her "What's the deal with my daughter? You said she reminds you a lot of me, but I was a perfect." My mom then proceeded to tell me that sometimes we just remember the good times and not the bad. What's that supposed to mean? Geez, I'm in for it. Thanks Mom. Glad to know my daughter is just how I was. This should give me hope, one might think..... we'll see.

3 comments:

Keolani said...

Thanks for a smile to start my day. Yours is one of my favorite blogs.

MadMama said...

LOL! Elsie really does remind me of you! When I read your posts about the things she does, it brings me back!

Anonymous said...

Who says there is no justice in the world?And I never said you were perfect, that's just how you remember it.In Alicia's world everyone is perfect, right?