6.25.2009

Get Better Soon Honey!!!

My poor husband is so sick! It breaks my heart to see him this way. He's been in bed since Saturday after work. Finally after 5 days of a high fever up to 103 and the past 3 days of vomiting so much he was just dry heaving and couldn't even keep water down, the doctor gave the go ahead to take him to the ER and get him hydrated. Oh, the joys of being at the ER all day. At least they gave him fluids and a breathing treatment for his asthma and anti-nausea medicine and ran lots of tests. The results are a cocktail of everything. Pneumonia, ear infection, kidney infection and viral infection/flu all rolled into one very sick husband. I'm so sorry sweetie! It is not fun being on this end of things. I feel so helpless. The kids have a tiny bit of the flu as well and I do too but I don't have time to be sick and the kids are recovering quickly. Through all this I have learned to pray a lot more, turn to the Lord a lot more and have faith. Matt's been given several priesthood blessings that were so sincere and powerful. I am grateful for that incredible power and those worthy friends who hold it and can use it a moment's notice. Even though this is minor illness in the world of medicine it was scary for me to see my husband so sick and be in the ER with him. I love him even that much more. Seriously, how can you not love somebody you are caring for and helping get better? This is my encouragement for you guys reading this. Hug your loved ones. Say a prayer of thanks for what you have and what you are going through. Get better soon honey. Now go give somebody a hug or kiss or phone call and tell them you care!
Get better Matt. I love you!
p.s. It was our 1 year anniversary on Sunday the 21st of June and Matt wouldn't let me kiss him since he was so sick. He didn't want me to catch it. Well now it's been 6 days. Come on Matt, if you really didn't want to kiss me there are less drastic procedures to avoiding your wife. :).

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Just goes to show how serving others brings us closer and makes us love them even more. I'm so glad the doctors were able to diagnose the problem(s). Hopefully Matt will make your second anniversary memorable in a less-dramatic, more romantic kind of way...remember, he's new at this. ;)

Jonathon and Amanda said...

So sorry to hear about Matt. I hope he gets feeling better soon. Keep us updated. Hope that you can still come and visit.

Brittany said...

Get well soon Matt!

Jaime Lynne said...

How's Matt feeling now? And how was your fourth?