10.12.2009

Once a Sister, Always a Sister

This is me and Jen, the bride-to-be, at her Bridal Shower this past weekend. Isn't she beautiful? I am thrilled for her. Seriously, what's not to love? And my Always Sister Alison! I gave her a giant hug when I saw her as well. She's so dang cute in her new hair do and also sweet as can be. I loved catching up with them both. Kathy gave me big hugs too. Didn't get a picture of her, dang it. We all reminisced and laughed and chatted and enjoyed dinner courtesy of Kathy. And *sigh of contentment*wow... can you tell I had fun? Congratulations Jen and T.J! Jennifer Jo Harris is engaged to be married in November to a fabulous guy, T.J. The kids told me T.J. was really tall, with brown hair, and really cool. I'd have to agree. I had such a good time meeting him and his family this weekend. He seems perfect for Jen and I loved seeing them together. She's quite the catch so take good care of our "Jenna"! It was wonderful to be back with Jen, Alison and Kathy. The house looks amazing and still has that welcoming most wonderful feeling of love. Thank you so much girls for inviting me. It was an answered prayer to be with you three again! It meant a lot that I could go celebrate Jen's upcoming wedding with everybody at the bridal shower. I'm grateful we can all still be family and friends and just enjoy each other with no problems. What a "seriously so blessed" moment.

People at the shower asked how I knew Jen. What's the right answer to that question? Do I delve into the details? Do I just lie and say I'm a cousin or friend? Do I explain that I'm in one of those "one in a million situations" where I get along with Steve and his family still? That even though some relationships end there can and is a way to let the people you love always be in your life? Naaaa. Too complicated. So I'm coining the phrase my "always sisters" and/or family. I have my own Morrow/Harris family; me, Matt, Ren and Els. My own fam the Cowdell's- Mom, Dad, brother's. And my new fam the Morrow's. And in that family category, I still call the Harris' my fam too. They've been with me through it all and supported me when I thought nobody understood. I'm extremely grateful to call them Family. My Husband, children, parents, brothers, sisters, in-laws and out-laws, friends forever, extended family, all of it means family in some way. So in my book it counts.... Family. :).

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Thanks for posting pictures of the bridal shower. I wish I could have been there. Its such a sweet post and so true. I am so happy you are that one in a million case. Also I hope I am still in that always sisters catagory. I love you guys.

Heatherbether said...

Super Bummed that I missed Jen's shower. I was in Vegas visiting my fam. I would have LOVED to see you. Please know you are ALWAYS welcome to come visit us. We still love you!!!

Jaime Lynne said...

Your lasting friendship is a testament to your maturity and your kind heart. I love you, girl!