10.04.2011

The Price is Right

       For years I have loved making Swedish Meatballs with this seasoning packet.  It's one of the family favorites.  Sadly, there is no "off brand" anywhere!  Much to my dismay I haven't found a store here in WA for the last 7 years who sells this other than Albertson's.  Their prices are ridiculously expensive usually.  Last week I went to get some more packets and could not stand the price of it, but had no choice.  After that short trip for the seasoning we headed down the street to Winco. Where groceries are much cheaper.  Matt suggested I look AGAIN in their seasoning section even though they haven't had this packet for 7 years.  Maybe it would be a miracle!  Well folks, it was there!!!!  I bought 6 of them for the same price as the 2 that I bought at Albertsons.  Being the frugal gal I am, I was not afraid to waltz back into Albertsons returning my 2 Swedish Meatball seasoning packets for my moula explaining that the grocery store down the street had it for 1/3 of the cost!  Take that!  Matt opted to wait in the car....he wanted the money back but is slightly gun shy when I am "on a mission" in public places. :0)  NO worries, I won!!!
 Albertsons:  $2.89
WinCo Foods:  $ 0.98
Can you believe it?
Yea me!  I'm the best contestant ever!!!

1 comment:

Cozy Blue Photography said...

You're a rock star...I love you and your gumption!! :O)