10.28.2011

Strike Up the Band!

My sweet Lorenzo chose to take band this year at middle school.  I'm soooo proud of him!  He loves to practice and sounds amazing for a beginner.  His teacher tells him how beautiful his tone is and he usually gets 100% on his band test each week.  He and two of his buddies have formed their own band after school.  They try and have all their homework and chores done by 4:00 so they can have their rehearsals.  The band consists of Ren on the trombone, Noah on the trumpet and Calvin on the clarinet.  How cute is that?  Their own little "garage band."  Ren loves hiding behind doors and scaring us with his trombone blast.  He also started composing his own little songs on one of Matt's music programs.  First one was the first few lines of "The Imperial March" from Star Wars.  Band has been a wonderful new world for Ren.  Hey it's not choir like I did, but it's MUSIC!  I'm a proud Momma!  Trumpeteer Matt + Trombonist Lorenzo = happy family time....and it can also lead to Els and I hiding in my bedroom with the door shut watching the "Sing-Off" when the practicing becomes a little "too intense." :)

No comments: