To cheer me up on this cold winter night I took advantage of this time alone. The kids are in bed and Matt went to bed early because he's sick. So here I sit in blogging land. I made up this playlist to make me smile and laugh and "remember when." I loved all of these songs. So take a walk down memory lane and jam with me to some awesome tunes of my past.
Mormon Rap: Loved it. I remembering jamming to our cassette tape of this in the basement with my friends. What? Rapping Mormons are cool!
I Wanna Be Rich: Who doesn't? This song still applies to me. I didn't have a personal copy of this song so I loved when the radio played it.
Sister Christian: This song always puts me in a good mood and makes me jam on my pretend air drum.
Fresh Prince: I am still a HUGE Will Smith fan. These were the days when I first thought he was hot and could rap. Classic song.
Thank you: My friends and I would crank this cd up and jam in the car. We memorized all the lyrics and thought we were pretty cool. Boyz 2 Men, back again.
Opposites Attract: I used to pretend I was this awesome dancer and shake and move like I had it going on when I'd hear this song.
Blame it On the Rain: This song totally applies to my situation today. You wanna blame it on somebody. Why not blame it on the rain? I was crushed when I found out they were LIP syncing. Of course now days what music artist is not lip syncing?
I think we're alone now: My childhood friend Trisha and I would steal her sister's boom box and use my cassette tape of this song and think we were so cool. After 1000 times of listening to it I realized what they were talking about. My innocence could not believe they'd tumble to the ground and then..... do their homework.
Circle in the sand: Just makes you want to go lay in the sand on the beach and do a music video. Another tape I owned. Thought I was cool like the older kids to have this on tape.
There you go fellow friends and family. Leave me some comments and share your memories of these songs too if you'd like!
5 comments:
Ok Alicia, not only did I love Milli Vanilli, but I bought their cassette...you probably don't know what those are! Anyway I was going through stuff for a yard sale this summer and found it! And totally love Sister Christian. And Will Smith...Hot then and more so now!
Good choices Alicia!
I listened to Milli Vanilli until my cassette stretched and didn't work anymore. I was smart enough to notice that sometimes the blue eyed guy sang low and sometimes the brown eyed guy did. I just wasn't smart enough to figure out why. I also had that Tiffany tape. But I was a little older so I knew exactly what they tumbled to the ground to do.
Mormon Rap totally takes me back to the day! My brother had the cassette (yes, Shannon I know what that is and I'm younger than Alicia!) I would "borrow" his tape and play it over and over until I had the song memorized! I doubt I could do it now. Good times, good times!
That is awesome! That so brings back memories! Remember the Disney kick we were on, I LOVED my winnie the pooh boxer shorts! :)
I am diggin this playlist, especially the Boyz II Men. What a blast from the past there!
Post a Comment