The picture below is an example of what I resort too with out sunshine 3 weeks in a row. Putting BBQ sauce on my face and Elsie's to be silly and crazy. Maybe we did a secret Indian dance to bring out the sunshine today and had to paint ourselves in war paint as part of the ceremony. Or maybe we didn't.
What ever we did it worked because... drum roll........
SUNSHINE!!!! The sun came out today and made me oh, so happy.
The kids and I took advantage of the day by trekking over to Howard Amon Park and frolicking in the sun. Yes, we ignored the 29 degree temperature and bundled up tight so I could reawaken
my brain and get the old Alicia back.
We brought the dog Jack along for some extra fun and excitement. For some reason there were no birds out and in fact not much of anything or anybody out. Weird huh? Howard Amon Park is one of my most favorite places in Tri-cities.
I love the trail along the river with the trees and greenery and convenient parking and playground. And it holds so many special memories. The kids and I had a great time. After freezing to death for an hour or so we journeyed to my sister-in-law Kylee and her husband Bronnies's house for a friendly Sunday visit. All the pets combined was a definite variety show. It felt great to get out of the house and enjoy some fresh cold air and little rays of SUNSHINE! And it let my sick husband Matthew try and rest so he can recover from his chronic sinus infection and hopefully make it to work tomorrow. We missed you babe! I'm so glad I have two great kids to enjoy and run around with on such a splendid afternoon.
4 comments:
Bring on spring!! I am so ready!! It is nice to get out on sunny days, even if it is so frigid outside.
You are such a fun mom! What little girl doesn't wish her mom would put on BBQ war paint? It's almost groundhog day. Do you have a little something you can do to help that go our way?
Good to hear an update from you, not that I don't love "Blame it on the rain" ;) I'm sending you some St. George weather.
Love the fun park pics and happy that the sun is finally shining there!
Post a Comment