7.22.2010

Icky Sicky in the ER




I spent the afternoon in the ER with Ren. We were watching TV this morning and he started complaining that his tummy hurt. 10 minutes later it was intense pain. With in a few more he was moaning and crying. I became immediately alarmed. Then he started crying and I knew it must really hurt. He felt like he was going to faint when I had him get up and try to go to the bathroom, thinking that might be why he was in so much pain. No go.

I called the doctor but the nurse was at lunch. My "Mom alarm" went off so I thought I'd better make sure it was not appendicitis and take him to the ER. He felt really warm too. Walking hurt, moving hurt. It was scary to watch him in so much pain.

I carried him to the car and rushed to the ER. The ER people rushed us back to the room and began bloodwork and tests. The nurses and doctors were so nice. Giving Ren and Els coloring pages and clay. Elsie played with it but Ren was in too much pain. The pain meds helped a lot after they got enough in him; although he did NOT like the IV. Some of the other tests were pretty painful. But THANKFULLY he's okay now!


Everything showed up normal!!! They don't really know why or what the pain was all about. Could be early signs of appendicitis that you can't detect yet, or severe bowel obstruction they checked for a hernia but it wasn't that either. So now we just wait and watch.

I'm so thankful to be home and that my son is okay. I am blessed. It's also amazing how quickly crisis puts things in perspective. Family, it's what it's all about. After 6 exceptionally long hours in the ER, I realize that once again life is about the loved ones you share it with. Thank you for answered prayers Heavenly Father. We are so blessed!!!!!



3 comments:

Jonathon and Amanda said...

Poor Ren. That's no fun. Glad to hear is doing better.

Jaime Lynne said...

How scary, Lic. I am so grateful for your "mom radar" and for your ability to trust and listen to it. Give Ren our love. We are glad to hear he is home and doing better.

Kristin said...

I'm so glad to see that you are blogging again, Alicia. So sad to see the subject matter, though. It's true how quickly crisis leads to a greater perspective and appreciation for family and health. So easily taken for granted at times. Love you guys, glad Ren is feeling better. Keep us posted if that changes.