1.27.2011

The Early Arrival

Family Picture of my parents and us taken yesterday 1/27/11.
I was so blessed and had my Mom and Dad drive 16 hours in a motorhome from St. George, Utah to come and take care of me after surgery. They were originally planning on February 1st when surgery was scheduled, but the giant cyst inside me decided in needed to come out early. So away my parents drove. My Mom just had a back procedure done with shots that was super painful and my stomach was sore and recovering from surgery so "One Sicky" was taking care of the "Other sicky." We had fun despite our painful recoveries. My Dad was AMAZING and took care of all of us and the whole fam. I was also super blessed because wonderful friends took care of us with meals and phone calls and acts of service too.

So the status:  The cyst was removed on Tuesday the 18th of January along with my right fallopian tube.  I was in so much pain I was begging to have surgery.  I told the Doctor to "Take it all out!!  I don't care take out the whole stomach, gallbladder, spleen.... Whatever it takes to make this pain stop!"  Luckily that didn't have to happen. :0)  Look out below I go into rambling detail with graphic pictures.....






WARNING GRAPHIC PICTURES OF GIANT 9CM OVARIAN CYST.  LOOK AWAY IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH!














 Meet: The Cyst

Yup!  Ewww!  It was 9 cm!!!  To give you an idea of how big that is, a baby is born after a mother dilates to 10 cm.  So basically the size of a grapefruit.  I know!  In November I experienced what felt like labor.  I knew it was not but I was dying.  After that week was over I went to the Midwife who decided I needed an ultrasound.  That's when we found the 9 cm cyst on my right ovary.  You know how the doctor game goes.  I had to wait for the ultrasound reults, than get in to see a doctor Obgyn who could do the surgery.  First I needed a consult with him.  Then another ultrasound to confirm the cyst was still there.  And so the story goes....


The above picture is of the cyst being put in the sack so they could remove it laparoscopically.  My new fabulous doctor who did the surgery (not the one I met with) had to drain a pint of fluid out of the cyst before he could even attempt to get that bugger out.  

 (That's the uterus and 2 spots of endo and him clipping out the fallopian tube)
 I was fortunate enough to have it done as a laparoscopy and not a laparotomy.  I have three small incisions in my lower tummy from the surgery.  The Doc found some endometriosis he got rid of but the biggest surprise was instead of being on the ovary the cyst was actually smooshing both ovaries and had the fallopian tube wrapped around it.  OUCH!  See, I had reason to be dying of pain.    
               November and December were insane pain and by January I was dying to have it out.  But January's week of pain ended up with me in the ER needing it out now!  I was on taking 2 Perkaset and it didn't even touch the pain.  Matt had to rush me to the ER in the middle of the night.  We left the kids here and just went.  I had a blessing and felt so strongly that we just needed to go now.  Kylee was a miracle worker and came over at our 2:00 am wake up call to take the kids to her house.   Tuesday afternoon arounf 3:00 we finally got a competent Doctor in my Midwifes office who took one look at me and after looking through my files knew I needed surgery NOW!  He sent me immediatley across the street to the hospital OR to have me admitted.  THe dumb ER thought they could just have my own docotr take it out in the morning so they sent me home at 6:00 am.  THey claimed they called my Doctor who said he could do the surgery in the morning but we found out at 8:30 that he was on vacation!  I'm so grateful it turned out with the right Doctor.  It was definitely God's hands doing this miracle.  


I was in bed for a week and hopped up on pain pills.  I never realized how much I use my stomach.  Yesterday was the first day I got dressed in real clothes and even showered and did a lil makeup.  Today my parents went home so I was up and about and trying to get better.  I'm glad the greatest pain I've ever had is over and I'm finally feeling better again.  They don't know what caused it to form or how long it was growing.  I pray it never happens again!    Hope you enjoyed my epistle of the cyst.  THANK YOU to everyone who called or text or came by or said prayers and good thoughts from far away or brought meals or took care of the kids or me or Matt.  It takes a village to help a person get well.  =+)  LOVES to you all!

2 comments:

Jonathon and Amanda said...

I'm glad you're doing better.

Necia said...

It's amazing how the Lord guides us to make things happen when they need to happen, with the doctor it needs to happen with. I'm glad that you were prompted to go in when you did and that it wasn't any worse. Hopefully, you are back to 100% soon.