I went on adventure with Elsie and her Class to Portland, OR April 28-29th. OMSI museum is a fantastic science museum. In addition to being open to the public, they allow different school classes to come and have a "Camp In" and stay over night. I was hoping for a little "Night at the Museum" action to happen that evening, but nothing new came to life as far as I know.... We took a school bus down to Portland. By car this trip to Portland takes 3 hours, it took our bus 5 hours! Yikes!
The Bus ride.
Nathan Sawaya created all of these
awesome Lego Creations. One of the highlights of OMSI Museum in
Portland. It made me long to take the kids to Lego Land again.
On Day 1 we stayed up way too late! OMSI had our evening all planned out. Different centers to learn from, demonstrations, free exploration, movie in the IMAX circle theater, Dinner, Karaoke, late night snack, and finally at 11:00 pm Bed TIME!
The Sleeping Quarters!
Day 2 we explored the Submarine and the rest of the museum. Had breakfast and lunch. Bought souvenirs. It was crazy cool. All the red lights, how tiny it was, nuts!
The Blueback 581 Submarine.
One of Elsie's favorite parts. She even got a t-shirt about it!
Quite the Field Trip! Mind you it was a "camp in" so there were no showers, and we were sleeping on the floor. But it was an experience of a life time. (Another plus, I didn't lose any of the 4 kids I was chaperoning!)
Farewell OMSI!





No comments:
Post a Comment