12.24.2013

The Eve before Christmas, traditions filled the house

I love traditions!  Each year we read and act out the Nativity Story.  This year was quite interesting....no little little kids anymore so the over the top acting and silliness level is pretty high.  Baby Jesus was a teddy bear, the costumes were pretty sub-par with sheets and towels.  I think everybody was too excited for Christmas Day to take it seriously but at least we read the story and created some memories!  We sang Silent Night and ended with a prayer after reading the scriptures so a tiny part of the evening did talk about the real Christmas Eve and Day and reason for the season, the birth of our Savior.

 


We got matching pajama bottoms for Christmas Eve this year.  New Jammies on Christmas is another fun tradition. The kids are almost big enough to be in the adult section of the clothing store so it was extra fun to find matching pj's for Matt and Lorenzo and then Elsie and I.  Somehow I didn't end up with a pic of the boys in their matching bottoms.



Yearly Christmas Ornament gifts:
(Love this tradition!)

 I know the kids have known for years but I like to pretend that my kids are little and will always be innocent enough to not know the technical truth about Santa.  I believe in me heart and always will.  I hope I've instilled in Ren and Els the joy of believing and being a part of the Christmas magic.  One of the best parts of being a parent is helping out Santa by setting up the gifts from him and setting out the stockings.  The house was all quiet, all the trees were lit up, I ran out front barefoot to take a few pictures of the house with lights on, and made Matt wear Ren's Santa hat for posing time in front of the tree.  Santa helps make Christmas magical. 


Now go to sleep!  
Santa's coming in the morning!!!


No comments: