Matt cracks me up all the time. He's always coming up with these witty little remarks. I love it when he makes me roar with laughter. Tonight I said what I thought was a little funny, but he also was just as funny with his remark after mine. Here goes the story.
Let me give you a little back ground first. Since this is Matt's first Christmas as a Dad, husband and breadwinner he's been feeling a little stressed out. I should probably just do the shopping with our set aside budget and not tell him about it. Even though we've already decided how much we're spending it freaks him out to be there making the purchase. This is amusing to me since the shock and cost of raising a family wore off years ago in my mind. For the first part of the month I was a good sport. I was the cheerleader in the relationship, cheering him on reassuring him that we would be fine. I was kind in "sucking it up" and letting him groan and moan. Well, eventually we all break and last weekend was my breaking point. I needed him to take a turn not stressing so I could feel happy and carefree for just a brief time during the holidays.
This evening I was checking Rochelle Davis' blog and saw the funny comic she posted It's about a husband needing medical help after reading the credit card statement during Christmas time. And it just made me laugh. I showed it to Matt and told him that it was just like he and I. Me talking "Hey that's just like you and me babe!" He replies, "What? Haven't you ever had a husband complain about money around Christmas before?" I laughed then replied with what I thought was a pretty funny remark. "Yes..... I got rid of him." HEE, HEE!!! We all know that is soooooo not true but sometimes its more therapeutic to find the humor in a situation then the sorrow. Besides it was too good of an opportunity. Come on, that was a little funny right? (Matt later says, "But you wouldn't really get rid of me, right?" Of course not! Goodness sakes Matt. It's you and me babe, forever and ever!!!!) Well, when Matt realized I was very amused and wanted to post this on our blog he shook his head and muttered (as if talking to all the husbands of us blog-a-holic women) "Welcome to blogging land men. Where we're gonna be trashed...... white trashed." Matt pulls some really good one-liners. He can be very funny, probably a surprise to you. Gotta love those husbands women. They put up with us right? Love you MATT!!!
One more:
Another time Matt was quite witty was one night when I was venting to him about life. I was emotional and worn out and needed somebody to listen to me and care. I said, "Honey, I just need you to listen and validate me. Validate my feelings. You don't need to fix the problem. I just need you to validate me." He paused and thought and paused then said, "You're feelings are validated." Cracked me up. If only it worked that well in the mind of Alicia! Funny stuff Matt. So there you go. The things that amuse Alicia, on a snowy Sunday night in December.
2 comments:
I remember the first time I took
Rob with me to the grocery store after he became the father/husband/breadwinner. We were half way through the store and he just stopped shopping and went to check out. What the heck? No milk, no eggs, no bread. He said "the cart's half full, who's gonna pay for this?" Umm, you. He had seriously never shopped with more than the little carry basket. That was also the last time I ever took him.
HAHAHA!!!!
WEll Alcia, I am glad I got a laugh from you! My day is now complete. I can go to bed now. ;)
I hope you have a splendid, terrific (and non-defibulatored) holiday!
Post a Comment