12.19.2008

On the first day of Christmas....

HO, HO, HO....Merry Christmas. You just gotta love Christmas! "Buddy the Elf. What's your favorite color?" Anyway, back to my post. I wanted to do an update on the comings and goings of Morrow Land. So I wrote 12 things on this list in honor of the old 12 days of Christmas song. If this post is too long or uninteresting to you, feel free to stop reading and go back to the delightful play list and listen to some freakin' awesome Christmas songs!!! :)! Just sayin (love that line Keolani!) Here it is, some things we've been doin':

1---Organizing/cleaning out: Right before the Christmas boom hit I was on this cleaning everything out and getting stuff organized kick. We gave away lots of stuff and donated quite a bit to Goodwill. Hard to have a garage sale in the winter. Besides if I "pay it forward" its gonna be a better world and it will all even out in the end? Right?
2---Vacation time: We had an awesome trip down to the fam in St. George. Must pay tribute to my family. Mom and Dad grandparents, aunts and uncles and the 3 other men in my life my 3 brothers. The oldest: Jeremy and his wife Amber-3 kids: Zac, Ashlyn, Karianne. Then Joe who is just older then me, his wife Brittany-2 kids: Hayden and Hudson (and one on the say!) and my younger brother Jon, his wife Amanda and their sweet little girl Nellie. Whew, that was a long list of relatives!
3---Thanksgiving: We had a wonderful time with the Morrow Family in Sunnyside, WA. Mom-in-law Cherie put on an awesome dinner. Cherie and Dad-in-law, Mike, were great hosts. They even let us have a sleepover! All of us! That's 10 people total and a dog (Scout) who is Ren and Elsie's surrogate cousin till new baby Tinsley arrives in June. I loved chatting with Mike as he kept me me company while Matt fixed the computer. So Gma Cherie, Gpa Mike, Kylee and Bronnie and Jackie and Grandma Betty all shared in the day with Matt, the kids and I. We have much to be thankful for!!!
4---Two Words....BLACK FRIDAY!: I endured yet loved my first with Jackie and Matt at the Wal-mart in Sunnyside. Would love to go again... I think.
5---Decorating for Christmas: I love having twinkly white lights all over and the Christmas Tree up. Thanks to The Moody's our home has that yummy pine smell courtesy of the live wreath they gave us (Thanks guys!). And the kids love playing with all the Nativity Sets we have on display.
6---Putting up outside lights- luckily Matt had the wisdom to have us do this task before our trip to St. George and we did NOT have to hang lights in the cold or the snow (smart husband, I know!).
7---Sledding- tons of fun unless and until the older kids get there then it's every man for himself.
8---Making home made sugar cookies with the kids. Its always so much work but so worth it. Just ask our tummies!
9---Playing in the snow- Even though I don't own snow gear it's still a blast. This is one of our dog Jack's favorite past times. He even tries to chase the snowflakes and eats them. And lets just say its probably not safe to eat the snow in the back yard, had to warn the kids of that one.
10---Sleeping in and staying up late: All because of the silly school district's awesome 2 hour delays they've had every day this week. Not sure what's going on there! We're definitely not in Utah anymore Dorothy! Not even that much snow to me, but for here, there's a ton.
11---Lorenzo and Elsie "made" (I use that term loosely) gingerbread houses out of graham crackers, frosting and candy... hey they had fun and got some of their creative energy out.
12---Went on a date tonight with my honey: we met at Outback and then did some final Christmas shopping.

*aaw rats, I have one more to add. Here's the last one, sorry to ruin the whole 12 days of Christmas song. I know you were all keeping track. =).
13---Blogging again: I'm attempting to get back to blogging land but hoping this more than 2 hour stint has not worn me out already..... we will see!

1 comment:

Gentry Family said...

Yay for a long post! I loved reading your 12 (13) days of Christmas list, so fun! Sounds like you guys got to go on a couple fun trips. I wish we could say the same :) We like it here in Othello though. I'm glad you got my Christmas card, I got yours in the mail today. Such a cute picture! Was it in St. George? Hope you are all well :) Merry Christmas