12.12.2008

Hugs to Grandpa Keith and Grandma Kittie!!!

We had such a good time visiting the Cowdell clan in good ol' St. George the week before Thanksgiving this year. We love Grandma and Grandpa sooooo much and wish we lived close enough to them to visit and play every day. They are two of my most favoritist people in the whole wide world. Always optimistic and happy and looking on the bright side of things.

When I was a kid they were called, "Grandpa and Grandma Cowdell." When us grandkids started having kids, Grandma and Grandpa Cowdell took on their first name instead of being GREAT Grandparents. So they became Grandpa Keith and Grandma Kittie! Man I love those two. It's hard to believe that they aren't as young and spry as they were in my youth and that now they are the next generation and my own parents are the grandparents to my kids. I think in my mind I'm still a teenager, maybe college age and my parents are 40 and grandparents 60 and somehow we just stopped at that age..... boy am I wrong! Anyway, we had a great visit with Grandpa Keith and Grandma Kittie.

I loved this picture of them hugging the kids. Very precious memories that I'll never forget. One of the best things about my Grandpa is the sweet connection I feel to him, probably because he spoiled me with my very own nickname: Tizzy. No it doesn't have a special reason or meaning, that's just what he started calling me and it stuck. I love it when he calls me that..... I love you Grandpa. And Grandma Cowdell is such a dilligent and kind, caring woman. She has kept tabs on me and called me even through adulthood thus far every few weeks. She's so selfless and thoughtful and always puts others first. I look forward to our little phone chats and though the miles separate us, I feel close to my two favorite people all year long! I miss and love you too Grandma Kittie! Thank you for being the best grandparents a grand daughter could ever ask for!!!!

2 comments:

MadMama said...

Your grandparents are so sweet. It is so wonderful to have them see the kids I am sure they love that. :)

Anonymous said...

First I have to say you look amazing in that picture with your grandparents and 2nd, your grandparents look so sweet. No wonder you are too!!