10.29.2008

Q u i r k s

I was tagged by cousin Claire to name 6 of my Quirks and then tag some of my peeps to do the same. So I tag the whole gang: Kristin, Sarah, Shannon, Stefani, Keolani, and my dear friend since high school Jaime Lynne. Come on girls, share your quirks!

1- I like to brush my teeth first thing in the morning. Yup, even if I know I'm going to go in to the kitchen and have breakfast soon. I'll get ready and eat and then brush them again before heading out the door. So i brush them twice each morning. Maybe I brush them because most nights I eat a late night snack after I've already brushed them and things are icky by morning. Not sure..... just like clean teeth.

2- I fold the laundry in piles according to articles of clothing. My mom used to fold the clothes and put them in piles according to kids. So that means it would go socks, shirt, pants, sock, underwear, shorts, shirts, pants etc. Now how awesome that she would wash and dry and fold all of our clothing? I thank you dearly Mom. But I've developed this quirk that each article of clothing has it's own pile. For example, Elsie's pile would be something like this: socks together, underwear, all together, then shirts all together, then pajamas all together, pants etc. Silly huh! We'll see how long this lasts. Since I only have 2 kids I can still get away with this.

3- I'm a blog-a-holic. I'm addicted. Long before I started my own blog I would spend countless hours reading about everybody else's lives. It was like watching a TV show. I'd click on links to random people I didn't know and read their blogs. I love blogs.... I must need an intervention.

4- I have a fabulous memory of things long ago but I'm constantly losing everything! With this memory I know what color the underwear was I lost down the toilet when I was 3 (sea foam green, yes it still makes me sad) yet ask me where my phone or keys or lip gloss or remote to the tv are, and I'm stumped. I need a beeper for everything....somebody invent that ok?

5- I hate buffets. Not necessarily the food, although its not my favorite, but I just hate seeing troughs of food. Who wants to eat a trough full of macaroni and cheese? Who wants to see the entire slab of cow mooing as they tear off a piece for you? Who wants to see a bottomless container of macaroni salad. This is very weird I realize. I like to eat small portions. I'll eat and eat but please only serve it one plate at a time. Don't think I could ever work in a restaurant!

6- I have to have chapstick or lip gloss on my lips at all times. I know the more you put on the more you "need" it but I've been addicted since high school. My best friend Jaime and I were obsessed with Lipsmackers. We each had our own collection. And to keep them straight we would write our initials on the bottom. Even when we went to Ricks the legacy continued. Now I've gone on to lip gloss and sometimes lipstick but the lips have got to be moist. I can just see it now, I'm on my death bed and I call Matt over to my side, "Matthew?" He lovingly replies, "Yes, My Alicia?" I say, "Just one more thing....could you hand me my lip gloss?" Yup. That will be me someday. :). Hope I made you chuckle!!! LOL!

7 comments:

Gentry Family said...

Alicia, funny thing! I totally have a PATENT out for a beeper thing!!!! I called it a "tracking device" I'm waiting for my official papers for the "Patent pending" status, but I do have one!!! (There is one already in stores that is a little different than my own design, you can find it in a high end magazine)

Keolani said...

I don't understand the assignment.

MadMama said...

I totally agree with you on the buffet thing! It never tastes good either! And how long was that macaroni sitting there? :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Alicia, we're a lot a like. Totally agree with the buffet thing, we fold clothes the same, and we both need moist lips, not as addicted to blogs as I was about 4 months ago. What do they say...Birds of a feather flock together...LOL. I, unlike Keolani, understand the assignment and will get right on it. Have a great Monday!

Keolani said...

I understood the assignment. I was just trying to get out of it. Check out my quirks. They're up.

Jaime Lynne said...

Oh my! This was hilarious. Some of these things I already knew... like the chapstick stuff which still applies to me AND some of my more disgusting flavors still exist with the initials on the bottom... but I didn't know about the laundry or the buffet. Remind me when you visit Vegas again NOT to take you to a buffet. I don't like them because I only eat about $4 worth of food anyway. I feel all this pressure to eat my money's worth. Lame!

Miss you!

Jaime Lynne said...

Post... post... post... post!