10.21.2008

Peer Pressure and Makeovers


Lorenzo cleaning his room awaiting his reward.....



Nothing like some peer pressure to get me to finally post something on here..... (Thank you Shannon!) I'm torn with this whole blogging thing. I don't know if I really want my life public, thus I've put off blogging. But for the sake of my children I'll jot down a few lines, kind of like a personal history. I've actually been wanting to post our fun times of last Sunday after church. What does a family with good moral values do on a Sunday afternoon? Well, Elsie and I love playing tricks on Matt so we decided to give him a makeover!!!! We waited until he was taking a nice cozy nap and the magic began. Ren joined in on the fun and we couldn't help giggling. I secretly thought Matt must have been fake sleeping because we were not being very quiet and SERIOUSLY (thank you Grey's Anatomy for the catch phrase) who can't feel people styling their hair and putting makeup on their face? Answer: my husband Matt. After we finished with Matt's makeover we each got a makeover as well. I told the kids we couldn't wake Matt up until their rooms were cleaned. I've never seen Ren work that fast! He woke up Matt with sounds of his geo tracks train town. Matt immediately wanted to know why we were all laughing. It was so hilarious. I took a picture and then gave Matt the hand mirror and told him to take a looksie. So pretty! He refuses to let you all see pictures of his gorgeous new face so I'll just post some of the befores and of me and the kids. We had a blast.... now that's a Sunday afternoon we won't soon forget. Let me know if anybody else is inspired to makeover their significant other or bored little children on Sunday afternoon. Welcome, welcome Sabbath morning (or afternoon in this case :)! ).









Here is our first victim, er I mean client. Goooo Elsie! Poor Matt. And to think just a year ago he didn't even know us! Welcome to Morrow Land Matt. We love you!!!! Isn't having kids so fun?

Elsie's pretty face! Love you sweetie. I'm so glad you're my partner in crime! Hee, Hee. Beware oh yee sleepers on Sundays!


So handsome Ren! He loved the moustache. My kids are so fun and creative.....wonder where they get that from. =+)!


And finally me...... Who knew an eyeliner pencil could bring such joy?




10 comments:

Morrow Family said...

Whoa....look at that blog!!! Let the comments begin!!!

Kristin said...

Oh, how fun!!! I'm dying to see Matt's "after" picture! I'll get it out of him somehow! Great post, Alicia!

Heatherbether said...

Alicia!!!! I'm so glad you found our blog. I really have been dying to contact you since your wedding. We weren't able to come to your reception and I've meant to send something or call or whatever, but you know how life goes. But congratulations super late, and I look forward to catching up through your blog! Too bad Nathan doesn't take Sunday naps....ahhh shucks! I personally love my Sunday nap and if anything happens like this to me I will definitely blame you for spreading the idea around....and be super grumpy!

Gentry Family said...

Wooo hoooo!! I am so glad you have started a blog! I have seriously been meaning to call you to catch up. How is dance class? How is everything? I love the new blog, so cute! Don't be a stranger, it will be nice to keep tabs through our blogs :)

Gentry Family said...

I think you need to beg Matt to let you post the pictures!!!!

I tagged you on my blog :) Hope you do it!

Jaime Lynne said...

I can't believe you started a blog. Of all my friends, I am most excited to add you to my blog roll now. YES! I'm off to read every word and look at every picture. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Alicia! I can't believe you gave in to peer pressure. If I'd known you'd cave that easily I would have posted something about you weeks ago, LOL! It looks like you guys had a great Sunday. Elsie is so cute in that picture. Looks just like her Mama!

Keolani said...

Thank you Shannon. I've been waiting for a journey to Morrow Land. Cute family. And what a great mom to spend such quality time with the kids on a Sunday afternoon.

Anonymous said...

I've never had a fun sunday afternoon like that! I will remember to NEVER fall asleep at your house.
Welcome back to the land of blogging!!

MadMama said...

I am so glad you are blogging now! Your kids are darling. And I think Elsie has your exact personality! I seem to remember us harrassing Dave and Spencer in a similiar way when we were little! So much FUN! :)