So, I was out and about on Monday afternoon. I had a doctors appointment at 2 PM. After the appointment I looked at the clock in the car and saw it was 1:30. Perfect, I thought. That will give me enough time to get the rest of my errands done. I buzzed on over to Hastings to pick up a Wii game and U2 cd for Ren's birthday and also found a Jason Mraz cd that was calling my name. What could I do? I had to be polite and take it home with me. The cd would have felt very sad if I ignored it. So Jason Mraz came to the check out stand as well. I checked my watch, it read 2:00. Yeah! I still have time to run over to Wal-mart and get the rest of the shopping done.
I love to shop and since I don't get to actually support my longing to shop, shop shop, I've taken a fancy to window shopping. I love walking up and down the aisles thinking of all the fun stuff I could get to decorate the house and re-do rooms with. I found a great rug for only 13 bucks and continued meandering about the store. I checked my watch again and it read 2:45. Awesome. I'll be home right on time for Ren's birthday afternoon-o-fun before we have dinner and go bowling. As I was loading up my goodies in the trunk at Wal-marts parking lot my cell phone rang. It was our go-phone home number.
Me: "Hello?" I asked.
Els: "Mom, where are you?" I was bewildered. Where am "I"?, I thought. Wait a minute why are the kids calling me at a quarter to 3. Did something happen to them. I was worried.
Me: "Why are you at home Els. Is everything okay? Why aren't you still in school?"
Els: "It's almost 4:00 Mom. Why aren't you here? Where are you?"
I had just turned the car on and saw that my car clock said 2:50 and I glanced at my watch which also read 2:50. What the??? Then it hit me. Hello Alicia, time change!!!! I looked at the cell phone time and it was an hour ahead of my watch and car time. I hadn't changed all my clocks! I left my kids home alone and didn't even know it. Oh man.
Me: "Elsie I'm so sorry! I didn't change my watch and car clock ahead one hour. Are you guys
okay? I'll be there as soon as I can. I'm on my way home."
Els: Its okay Mom.
How scatterbrained am I? Why didn't I catch on that if my appointment was at 2:00 pm I could not be done with my appointment at 1:30 unless I was Super Man and spun the earth backwards. I thought I still had time to shop. Alicia, Alicia, Alicia. It was amusing and yet I felt so dumb for not getting my head in the game and remembering the time change. All of our home clocks are right and the rest of the world was on board with the time change but in Alicia land if you don't change your watch and car clock, I don't get the memo. Anybody else ever been such and goober and so absentminded with their kids? This is one for the history books in Morrow land. Let's hope in the fall I remember to change ALL of the clocks. Especially in the car and on my wrist. :0)!
5 comments:
Alicia, you're so funny! And yes, I have done absentminded things like that. When Autumn was in Kindergarten I'd come home almost every Wednesday to find the school bus at my house waiting for me to get home. Stupid early day.
You are so funny! At least though you had a good excuse! Sometimes I realize it's already time to pick up Madison and I just about missed it!! Aggh! I guess I could blame it on preggo brain but I know this happens all the time!
Alicia, You are hilarious! You really need to be getting paid for this humor.Seriously, call the paper and see if they have an opening!Love you!Sorry, we are so ditzy sometimes.You got that from me, not Dad, of course, because he's always on time or almost to Hardees, right? Mom
At least in the fall you would be early. :)
My children have been the victum of airheadedness on my part. I am so blessed to always have great neighbors that step up for me.
Bad, Mommy. Bad! ;)
Daylight Savings is so annoying! At least we are in the same time zone now so I don't have to do the math.
Post a Comment