Here's the gang posing on the back deck. We couldn't' take any pictures outside since our power was out. Yes that taught us a lesson in preparedness. Try taking a cold shower in the dark and getting ready with no light or electricity to do your hair. We got inventive and creative. Quite memorable. An now we have lots of candles, matches and flashlights.
My lovely handsome little man Lorenzo was my date. Matt agreed to give me up for one night only to my other main squeeze Ren. He was so cute in opening my door and having me hold on to his arm when we walked. I love you Ren! You are the perfect date!!!
We went to the Spaghetti Establishment for dinner. I love that place! This is where Matt and I had our date last year when he proposed. So we recreated the event. After dinner we went down to the park and sat on the bench and reenacted with the kids as our audience the actual proposal. So cute and sappy I know. The night ended with a walk to the door and tucking the kids in bed. I loved this wonderful evening of the four of us. It was just what I needed! Now if anyone is paying attention you will notice, that yes Ren is posing with the ice cream. You all know he doesn't eat it but I wondered if anybody would notice his pretend bite.
And here is the other pair. Matt and Elsie posing for their double date. We like to take the kids on dates just one on one but this was the first time we took them together on a double date. Elsie looked so cute in her Red dress and red bow. She cracks me up lately. Getting so silly. I loved the double date! The next weekend Matt and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary of our engagement/Valentines night with a weekend in Seattle. I'll post about that later on. So see you can have the fun lovey/dovey stuff with your hubby and the family time with your kids. I loved celebrating LOVE of the four of us. We've come a long way this past year. And Valentines day is about love. Not just between husband and wife. It's a LOVE fest. Just think of it that way. Celebrate it. Don't get it all weird about it being prejudicial. Just love. I wish everybody would enjoy the lovey side of Valentines day. It's not a crummy day or prejudice against anybody not in a relationship. It's about love. And we all have that. Happy Valentines Day!
My lovely handsome little man Lorenzo was my date. Matt agreed to give me up for one night only to my other main squeeze Ren. He was so cute in opening my door and having me hold on to his arm when we walked. I love you Ren! You are the perfect date!!!
We went to the Spaghetti Establishment for dinner. I love that place! This is where Matt and I had our date last year when he proposed. So we recreated the event. After dinner we went down to the park and sat on the bench and reenacted with the kids as our audience the actual proposal. So cute and sappy I know. The night ended with a walk to the door and tucking the kids in bed. I loved this wonderful evening of the four of us. It was just what I needed! Now if anyone is paying attention you will notice, that yes Ren is posing with the ice cream. You all know he doesn't eat it but I wondered if anybody would notice his pretend bite.
And here is the other pair. Matt and Elsie posing for their double date. We like to take the kids on dates just one on one but this was the first time we took them together on a double date. Elsie looked so cute in her Red dress and red bow. She cracks me up lately. Getting so silly. I loved the double date! The next weekend Matt and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary of our engagement/Valentines night with a weekend in Seattle. I'll post about that later on. So see you can have the fun lovey/dovey stuff with your hubby and the family time with your kids. I loved celebrating LOVE of the four of us. We've come a long way this past year. And Valentines day is about love. Not just between husband and wife. It's a LOVE fest. Just think of it that way. Celebrate it. Don't get it all weird about it being prejudicial. Just love. I wish everybody would enjoy the lovey side of Valentines day. It's not a crummy day or prejudice against anybody not in a relationship. It's about love. And we all have that. Happy Valentines Day!
2 comments:
You guys look great. What a fun night. I love the picture of Ren and the ice cream...he just doesn't know what he is missing!
Your perspective on Valentine's Day is spot on. Love that you went on a double date together. Everybody looks so sharp!
Post a Comment