His golden Birthday
9 years old on March 9th in 2009 ----did I hear a 9er in there?
Happy 9th Birthday Lorenzo Jacob Harris!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have had quite the birthday celebration these past few days. I just love my little man and can NOT believe he is already 9 years old. Wowza! Last night I enjoyed telling Lorenzo and Elsie their stories of the day they were born. I started off with Lorenzo's and told him the whole experience. Even explained the pushing, and contractions and placenta, yes we're very open in this house. I know, I know, but hey, they've got to learn from somebody. When Ren was born he had this look on his face of scrunched up eyes and a little frown that looked like he was trying to say, "What's going on here? I don't like this place. Put me back!!!" It was so darn funny. He looked scared and uncomfortable and it was so gosh darn cute. He liked that part of the story a lot.

He's such a quirky kid..... example: we went bowling tonight as a family and had a great time however, I think Lorenzo's greatest fun might have been keeping the balls in order and properly aligned. Every time one would come out of the ball return he was careful about placing it on the right side and putting the balls in order of who bowls next and making sure the numbers were facing the same direction. I know! A little too young to already be THAT precise and dare I say "obsessive/compulsive" but we take it as a just another Lorenzo moment.
Funny guy. At least he had fun. :).

He received calls from Grandma Julie and Grandpa Kim, Daddy and his mom Grandma Kathy, Uncle Jon and Cousin Zachary. Grandma and Grandpa Cowdell sent a card as well as Grandma Betty. And Ren's sweet primary teacher and one of my bestest friends Amy dropped of a b-day card and balloons while we were out bowling. On Saturday we had some Morrow Family fun with a dinner at Nothing But Noodles where Lorenzo had
BREADSTICKS for dinner (his favorite thing ever) and went to the movie Mall Cop. HiLaRiOus!!!! Thank you Grandma Cherie and Grandpa Mike and Aunt Kylee and Aunt Jackie for being a part of that fun evening.
Tonight -his actual golden birthday, that's right 9 years old on March 9th in 2009- we did a few gifts and went to one of Ren's favorite restaurants Dairy Queen where he loves their chicken strip basket. Then on to bowling at Atomic Bowl. So lots and lots and lots of gifts and hugs and loves and calls from all have made it a very special birthday weekend for Ren Dog. Our Lorenzo is so well loved!!!!! We love you Lorenzo. Happy 9 years old big guy!
Love: Mommy, Daddy Matt, and Elsie.
5 comments:
Happy Birthday L! What a cute kid!!
Happy Birthday Ren!
What an awesome birthday! You are such a fantastic mom! I love that you share their birth stories with them. Even with all the details (we are like that too here!)
Lorenzo, what a fun B-Day you had!I get the organization, I'm just like that, I even straighten up store shelf's.Doesn't it just bug if things aren't neat and tidy? I love you,You're my 1st grandchild & that makes you extra special to me & especially all the times I used to tend you,seems like you are half mine, too!Love you lot's,Grandma Julie
Happy birthday, to a wonderful kid! I was there the day you were born. Mom was such a trooper, grandparents were proud. You were so small and adorable. You are growing into a fine young man!
Post a Comment