5.05.2009
Little bits of Seattle Trip
Woo, woo we got to have fun in Husband/Wife Land! On February 20-22, 2009 Seattle was our playground. We arrived late Friday night (the 20th) after Matt got off work. Matt was so excited to show me around Seattle. Saturday morning we went to Target, (this was a big deal because it was 2 stories!!!!) Pikes Market, Matt's favorite music store and on to the concert that evening where no photography was allowed, waaa, waaaa. It was an incredible show. Matt is making me a lover of Jazz music, slowly but surely. We stopped by the Seatle temple grounds to stroll around and take pictures before heading back tot the hotel. Sunday we got to do the "Alicia" stuff. First stop, Jamba Juice! I LOVE this place and unfortunately Tri-cities doesn't have one. Then onto the Space Needle. Loved it! This is only my 2nd time there. Matt was hilarious with his pretending to be afraid of heights thing, okay, so he wasn't pretending. This stems from a traumatic childhood experience, at least that's what he thinks. Seattle was beautiful on Saturday and classically rainy and cloudy on Sunday. My FAVORITE part was the Underground Tour of Seattle. The buildings under ground from the Seattle fires of long ago were fascinating and our tour guide was so funny I felt like I was at a comedy club. We will definitely take the kids to the underground tour next time we go. We finished off the night with a stop at Ivars for some fish food. This fish food was for Matt (he loves seafood) and for the seagulls. I had fun tossing the french fires to them, even though it was pouring. No fish food for me. I grabbed some pasta on the way home instead. Nothing like an insane snow storm to wake you up and make your drive home twice as long. Yea, that's right, INSANE snow storm that I drove through the entire drive home. We scooped up the sleeping babes from Matt's parents home in Sunnyside then trekked home to Kennewick for sleepy time. It was awesome, I loved having a time out with my Honey, because sometimes you forget that marriage needs a time out too, just like our kids and ourselves. It was good to have something to look forward to while I muddled through my mental funk this winter. Ah, Seattle. I miss you already!
Labels:
Seattle- Feb.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad you had a fun trip. The picture of you and Matt turned out really cute.
I'm jealous! That looks like so much fun. It is so true that we need to take time out for our marriages. I'm hoping to plan something with my hubby in July when I get to Salt Lake and baby-sitters galore! Glad you had a fun time!
Looks like you had a lot of fun. It brings back memories of your wedding when Jon and I got to go to Seattle. Glad to see you are doing well.
Post a Comment